Is Micro needling right for me?
Micro-needling is a natural, safe and effective way to maintain the health of
our skin. These treatments can help diminish fine lines, wrinkles, sunspots,
and scars by naturally stimulating elastin and collagen production. It has
very little to no downtime and side effects and is more affordable than other
Treatments include a grounding and calming acupuncture treatment, LED
light therapy, and high-quality products to take home and use during the
first few days to increase healing and benefits.
*Read thoroughly before scheduling your appointment.*
Microneedling is contraindicated and cannot be performed with Meghan
Stockdale Acupuncture, LLC with the existence of any of the following:
• Patients taking blood thinners/anti-coagulants
• Patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiation
• Patients with Moderate to severe skin conditions/diseases such as psoriasis,
rosacea, eczema, infection, herpes, and keratosis.
• Patients with or prone to Severe keloids
• Patients that are Pregnant &/or Breast Feeding
• Patients with a History of actinic or solar keratosis.
• Scleroderma, collagen or vascular diseases, and cardiac abnormalities.
• Active bacterial or fungal infections.
• Patients with Hemophilia and Other Blood Disorders
• Anyone under medical care for high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes,
suffers from a compromised immune system and is generally considered a poor
healer is most likely not a candidate for Skin Needling.
• If you aren’t sure, check with your doctor.
Precautions, Microneedle treatments may be an option, please discuss before
making an appointment if you have any of the following:
• Suspicious Lesions- These must be diagnosed by your GP or dermatologist
before beginning treatment.
• Discontinue autoimmune therapies (if possible, if not avoid micro-needling) and
retinoid products at least 24 hours before beginning treatment.
• If you have any open wounds in the treatment area wait until they are healed to
Is Micro needling right for me?
• Treatments are not to be administered for at least 6 months after the use of
• If you take any prescription face products, please consult your dermatologist as
this treatment will increase your absorption of the prescription and it may need to
• The presence of raised moles in the area to be treated will be avoided.
• History of diabetes – get clearance from a doctor.
• Active Acne – Once the acne is no longer active you are good to go. A few
pimples are fine and will be treated around the area. Cannot treat over any active
• If you have had previous facial procedures such as Botox or other injectables,
Dermal fillers, Need to wait until the skin fully recovers, and at least 2 months,
before any further procedures are undertaken. Speak with whoever did this
procedure before scheduling and tell your practitioner where the procedure was
performed on your face and on what date.
• Facial Surgery- Need to wait until the skin fully recovers before any further
procedures are undertaken. Usually, 6 months is a safe estimate and clearance
from your surgeon.
• New Scars – Need to wait until the skin fully recovers before any further
procedures are undertaken. Usually, 6 months is a safe estimate.
• Corticosteroids – If you are currently prescribed corticosteroids the skin would
need to be examined on a case-by-case basis and get clearance from your
• History of cold sores, herpes simplex infections- please share with the
practitioner where you have had outbreaks in the past. These areas need to be
avoided as it can trigger a reaction.
• Do not schedule if you have any big events coming up in the next 7 days
(wedding, presentation, photoshoots, etc…)
Keep in mind you may be red for 12-24 hours, and schedule accordingly.
Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs, fish oil, and alcohol for 48 hours before treatment.
If possible, arrive at your appointment with a clean face.
• Clients should take extra precautions to guard against sun exposure immediately
following their microneedling, as the treated area will be more sensitive the first
48 hours following the treatment. You must use a mild sunscreen with a 30SPF
or higher and avoid any direct sunlight during the course of treatment. To achieve
the best results and to protect your skin, sunblock is recommended as part of
your everyday skincare routine.
Is Micro needling right for me?
• Do not use skin exfoliants or scrubs for 10-14 days after treatment. You may use
a washcloth to gently exfoliate 48 hours after treatment.
• No heat exposure (hot tubs, saunas, steam, or excessive exercise) for a
minimum of 48 hours after treatment.
• Please clean anything that may come in contact with your face (phones, glasses)
with alcohol pads and change your pillowcase the night of the procedure if a
facial treatment was performed. We want to keep your treatment area as clean
as possible as it will lessen the chances of breakouts.
• You should keep your skin free of any makeup or additional products not applied
after the treatment for a minimum of 12 hours.
Potential side effects may include redness, swelling, burning, mild bruising, pinpoint
bleeding, and skin sensitivity, which can last 1-3 days.
Mild swelling is expected immediately following the treatment and generally calms within
24 hours but can persist longer. There may also be some mild to moderate skin peeling
or flaking noticed after the treatment.
Clients may experience significant redness in the treatment area for up to 3-7 days after
treatment. This redness may persist longer in treatment areas other than the face.
• As with any treatment, the response, results, and healing after a micro-needling
treatment varies with each individual, and a specific outcome is not guaranteed.
• Results may be seen right away to approx. 2 weeks post-treatment.
• To get the maximum benefit of micro-needling, it is recommended to schedule
treatments every 4-6 weeks. (You must allow 4 weeks between treatments.) Plan
to do 6 treatments. Then maintenance will be 1-2 treatments a year.
• Results can last several years after this series, based on the condition of your
skin at the start of treatment, and provided you follow good skincare hygiene with
quality products and healthy lifestyle habits. Regular acupuncture treatments are
encouraged and support your whole system.
• Between treatments, the use of facial cups and guasha are encouraged.
Micro needling is an amazing tool to revitalize our skin. If you have read this thoroughly
and feel Micronneedling is right for you then book your appointment today. If you still
have questions please feel free to contact our office to speak with Meghan Stockdale.